Your face is not the only one that shows age. Thus you should not neglect other parts of your body and concentrate only on wrinkles and fine lines on your face. Your hands can reveal your age very easily. If you don’t take care of them, they will soon look dry and dull. Here is what you can do to keep them young and soft:
1. Exfoliation: You surely exfoliate your face and body. You should exfoliate your hands too. Use a salt or sugar scrub in order to exfoliate your hands and remove all the dead cells. Hands will look much softer. Do this once a month.
2. Moisturizing: Every time you wash your hands, make sure you moisturize them immediately. Make this a habit. The best way to remember to do this would be to keep a moisturizer near the sink in your kitchen and bathroom. The moisturizer will keep your skin hydrated.
3. Multivitamins: Vitamins E, C, B complex and A are all very good for the skin. C and E will keep your hands safe from the sun. A works to repair damaged skin tissues and B complex vitamins are great for the health of your skin. If you don’t want to take pills, buy vitamins that can be topically applied.
4. Fish oil supplements: Tuna, Sardines, Mackerel etc are all great for your skin. They have essential fatty acids which are good fats and help your skin. Alongside, they are good for the heart too!
5. Manicure: Get your cuticles moisturized and keep your nails healthy.
6. Gloves: Especially during the winter, gloves are a must. While doing your daily chores, make sure you wear gloves. Rubber and latex gloves are the best.
7. Night treatment: Apply petroleum jelly or moisturizing cream on your hands at night and cover them with cotton gloves. Your hands will be very soft next morning.