Exfoliation? It has to be done with care. You can’t be careless and you can’t go overboard with it either. There are certain rules to follow so that you do it right. Going over the top with exfoliation can actually ruin your skin and cause rashes. Neglecting it completely can lead to the accumulation of dirt, causing your skin to darken and prone to a number of problems.
Here are a few tips to help you with exfoliation:
1. Exfoliate once a week if you have sensitive skin and twice a week if you have normal skin.
2. Especially if you are using a scrub, make sure you are gentle with your skin. Rubbing intensely can cause rashes.
3. Always buy an exfoliator that suits your skin. There are different types for different skin types. Make sure you pick one, which has been formulated specifically for your skin type.
4. If you see that the product is causing you irritation, stop using it immediately.
5. After exfoliation, moisturize your skin. If you don’t do it, your skin will be dry and flaky.